ISQA 8040 -- Systems Analysis and Design
ISQA 8080 -- Value Based Software Engineering - new curriculum
ISQS 8110 -- Modern Software Design
CSCI 8256 -- User Interface Design and Development
CSCI 8266 -- Human Computer Interaction
CSCI 8640 -- Human Computer Interaction
CSCI 8836 -- Software Engineering
ISQA 8950 -- Capstone MIS
ISQA 9900 -- HCI Researcg Seminar - new curriculum
ISQA 9900 -- Public Health Informatics Research - new curriculum
ITIN 4440 -- Agile Development Methods - new curriculum - new degree
ITIN 4990 -- ITIN Capstone - new curriculum - new degree
CIST 1010 -- Foundations of IS&T
CIST 1010 -- Distance Education Course - Foundations of IS&T
CIST 1100 -- Computer Concepts and Applications
CSCI 1810 -- Introduction to COBOL
CSCI 2810 -- Advanced COBOL
CSCI 2830 -- Java Programming
CIST 3100 -- Organizations, Applications, and Technology
ISQA 3310 -- Database Design and Management
ISQA 3420 -- Managing in a Digital World
CSCI 4980 -- Senior Seminar - Careers and Trends in IT
ISQA 4110 -- Information Systems Analysis
CSCI 4260 -- User Interface Design and Development
CSCI 4650 -- Human Computer Interaction
CSCI 4830 -- Software Engineering
CSCI 4980 -- Electronic Commerce - new curriculum
CIST 9900 -- Doctoral Seminar - Human Computer Interation Research - new curriculum
Independent Studies Supervised-Honors Student Supervised
1. Summer-Fall 2008 -- Karekar- Cristina Success Factor of Agile Development;A case Study
2. 2005 -- Pete Hospodka, Chad Young, Nicholas Palernno- Instructor for Independent Studies for the research in systems development of animal tracking system using RFID, wireless and mobile computing technology.
3. 2005 -- Christopher Gollehon-Honors credit in Java Programming Course
4. 2005 -- Richard Dogson- Information Assurance Assesment
Desertations and Thesis Supervised
1. 2010-Inprogress--Becky Dietenbeck,Thesis, Committee member, Technology Infrastructures for Healthcare Access to Rural Residents
2. 2009-Inprogress--Janyl Jumadinova,Thesis, Committee member
3. 2009-Inprogress -- Alvin Tarrell, PhD Advisor s
4. Fall, 2006 -- Liz Gomez, NJIT-External PhD Committee Member Mobile Information Communication Technology in Crisis Management: Understanding User Behavior, Response, and Training, Defended Spring 2007 PhD Committee Co-Advisors: Dr. Murray Turoff, Dr. Norbert Elliott Internal Committee: Dr. Michael Chumer, Dr. Jerry Fjermestad, Dr. Katia Passerini
5. Fall 2009-ongoing-- Rahman Strum ,UNMC/MPH – Capstone – Preceptor (similar to advisor)
6. Fall 2009-ongoing -- Brandy Bose,MIS Master – Thesis advisor
7. Fall 2009-Ongoing-- Tim Guerthman,MIS Master – Thesis advisor
8. Ongoing -- Lisa Grabenbauer,PhD Advisor - With my guidance Lisa submitted a paper to the AMCIS SIG Health Workshop for the JAIS special issue. Her paper was accepted and she presented her research proposal.
9. Fall, 2006 -- Steinhauser, L,Dissertation Committee, defended dissertation. I spent quite a bit of time reviewing his dissertation and then meeting with him several times to help him so he could graduate.
10.Spring, 2007 -- Hospodka, PeterMaster's Thesis Committee Member, Defended thesis, “Bayesian Reasoning in a Fact-Proposition Space”,
11.Fall, 2007 -- Chambers, Eric,Master's Thesis Committee Member, Defended thesis, “Electronic Medical Record System with Integrated Diagnosis Assistance and Ontology-Based Definition Retrieval”,
12.Summer, 2006 -- Cheryl Fernandez,Thesis, Committee member, Acceptance of Technological Change: Do Expertise and Self-Efficacy Matter? Defend August 2006.
13.Spring, 2006 -- Noel Johnson,Thesis, committee member, Evaluation of a Telehealth Consultation System for State Public Health Laboratories, defended Spring 2006.
14.Fall, 2004 -- Kimberly Tyser,Thesis, Co-Chair, Increasing Usability Testing Productivity using Collaboration Tools, Defended Fall 2005.
15.Fall, 2004 -- Pushpa Koneri,Thesis Committee member, Increasing Software Inspection Capability using Collaborative Tools, Defended Fall 2004.
16.Fall, 2003-- Silpi S. Baishya,Thesis Committee member, Formal Verification of Speed Control Strategies with SPIN Model Checker, Defended Fall, 2004.
17.Fall, 2003- Syed Shiraz Hussain,Thesis Committee member, High Level Synthesis System using Program Transformation, Defended Summer 2004.
Curriculum and Course Development
1. Fall 2010,ISQA 3420 --Developing Course for Online Delivery Major
2. Spring 2010 CIST 9900 Seminar in Human Computer Interaction Research – new prep with Distance Education, Developed syllabus and all assignments. Taught course first time in Spring 2010. Major New Course Development – Distance Education
3. Spring 2009 ISQA8080 Seminar: Public Health Informatics. Developed syllabus and all assignments. Taught course for first time in Spring 2009. Major - New Course Development
5. Fall 2009 ISQA3420 New Preparation “Managing in a Digital World” Major – New Prep
4. FSpring 2009 ISQA3420 Added the Virtual Team component – working with Matt Germonprez and Sumangla Rathore Minor
6. Fall 2009 Curriculum Development with UNMC – COPH – 4+1 curriculum for health informatics Major Curriculum Development(In progress)
7. Spring 2005 CIST 8080 Value Based Software Engineering Seminar – new course .
8. Fall 2001 CIST1010 New course developed, “Intro to CIST.” Developed syllabus and all exercises.
9. CIST1010 CIST1000 CIST1100/ CSCI1500 Developed Curriculum Change Proposals
10. CIST 4000 Electronic Commerce
11. 1995-1996 IRWIN Reviewer – Technical Reviewer for Introduction to Computers course – CDROM.
12. 1995 IRWIN Reviewer – Technical Reviewer for Introduction to Technology textbook.
Service Learning Activities
1. Fall 2009,Kids Can
2. Fall 2009,Nebraska Family and Children Services - Supporting Foster Youth who are launching into independent living through IT – Service Learning
3. Spring 2009 ,Alegent Health – Supporting Spinal Cord Injury people through IT, Service Learning
4. Fall 2009,Douglas County Department of Correction – see attached letter from Dr. Margolit – PKI Attic partnership – Develop STD database/tracking system for UNMC Medical Students Service Learning class – Awarded a $2500 EPSCoR grant with a $2500 match of DCDC.
Independent Studies Supervised/Directed Learning
1. Fall 2009,Kanad Sharma- CPHI – developer census UI and queries, academic researchers database
2. Fall/Spring 2009/2010,Pooja Prakash- CPHI – Environmental Health Data Requirements
3. Spring/Fall/Spring 2009/2010,Ryan Nickell- CPHI – Developer – research in using GWT and semantic searchers
4. Fall/Spring 2009/2010- Sharmila Raman-STATPack – Developer – mobile/blackberry design and implementation for STATPack
5. Spring/Summer/Fall/Spring 2009/2010,Michael Ralrick- STATPack Lite – Developer – a stand-alone lean version of STATPack, lead on implementing this application in small clinics – 4 labs to date
6. Spring/Fall 2009,Rahman Strum- CPHI – MPA Researcher Presented poster at UNO Student Research Symposium Spring 2009
7. Spring/Fall 2009,Jason Niven- CPHI – CPHI – MPH Researcher Presented poster at UNO Student Research Symposium Spring 2009
8. Fall 2009,Jesse Berens- COPH – Geographer – mapping public health data
9. Spring 2009,Ruchi Sodhani- CPHI – Census UI Presented poster at UNO Student Research Symposium Spring 2009
10.Spring 2009,Anup Sharma- CPHI Presented poster at UNO Student Research Symposium Spring 2009 Developed CPHI overall web platform
11.Spring 2010,Bettina Lechner- CPHI User Interface Designer
1. Supervised Research, Buxton, Tim– Tim worked with me on a Heuristic Evaluation Research Study at STRATCOM, hired May 2008
2. Supervised Research,Read, Aaron- Aaron worked with me on a usability study at STRATCOM where we did a cognitive walkthrough analysis. We submitted a paper to HICSS and it was accepted.
Ann L. Fruhling, Ph.D.
Director, School of Interdisciplinary Informatics
College of Information Science and Technology 6001 Dodge Street Omaha NE 68182 Telephone: (402)554-4968 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6001 Dodge Street
Omaha NE 68182
“Don't dream your life, live your dreams.”